President Trump Backs Out of Virtual Debate, Won’t ‘Waste My Time’
President Trump withdraws from the 2nd debate with Joe biden, because it would be done remotely … something he calls a waste of time.
Le Prez was defiant Thursday morning on FOX Business Network, reacting to the Commission on Presidential Debates announcement to go virtual due to Trump’s COVID-19 diagnosis. He said: “I am not going to waste my time on a virtual debate. That is not the purpose of the debate.”
The CPD announced the change, but said C-SPAN Steve scully would still be moderate next Thursday from Miami. Biden has accepted the new security protocols, but Trump says it’s not acceptable – because sitting behind a computer isn’t the way you argue.
Remember, the first debate was a disaster with the two candidates interrupting, calling each other and the president attacking the moderator Chris Wallace. The rest of this is now totally in the air.
Commission decision follows Trump – and at least 13 others who work in the White House – contract the coronavirus last week. Trump, who falsely claimed living with COVID is less deadly than the flu, also claimed he felt fine now, and also says he thinks he is no longer contagious now. We haven’t heard that from a doctor yet.
Our sincere thanks to