Another NutriBullet customer claims the machine almost turned her into a smoothie mess when it blew up … and caused severe damage to her body.
Folana jackson filed legal documents claiming she barely used a NutriBullet 900 blender for 1 minute before it got out of whack… resulting in gnarly wounds that required surgical repairs and then oxycodone to treat her pain.
In the documents, obtained by TMZ, Jackson says she was brewing a juice in May 2020 – garlic, ginger, sliced lemons and water… if you’re curious what she was up to. But, in the suit, she alleges that the friction and heat of the rotating blades caused a buildup of pressure in the cartridge.
She claims things went wrong when the blender made a strange noise, and she turned it off – as she placed her hands near the bottom of the cartridge, she allegedly pulled away from the blade and exploded from the base of the engine.
Depending on the suit, the still rotating blades made contact with Jackson’s left hand … causing severe, deep lacerations. She claims it got even worse when the contents of her juice splashed onto her breasts, neck and arms… causing severe burns.
Jackson says she went to the emergency room for treatment and says she needed surgery to repair the lacerations and torn ligaments in her left ring finger and little finger … who now have limited mobility and pain. constant nervousness.
She claims NutriBullet has known about faulty devices for years and that the blenders have caused over 100 burns and lacerations since 2014. At the very least, we know Jackson is far from the first to sue the company for. such horrible injuries.
She brought an action for unspecified damages. We have contacted NutriBullet, so far no word of return.