MDEC Launches Malaysia Tech Month (MTM) 2020 Virtual Event
Okay, looks like we’re ending the year on a not-so-good note, but there are still little sparks of positivity to be found here and there.
One of them that I personally look forward to is Malaysia Digital Economy Corporation (MDEC) Malaysia Tech Month 2020 (MTM 2020).
In what is a rather exciting one-month event, investors, companies and entrepreneurs from different sectors will come together to drive innovation in the digital economy.
The event will take place from November 10-29, with 3 main themes in focus:
- Match digital talents to industry demand,
- Company digitalization,
- Secure new digital investments.
Its main objectives are to build confidence in the country as a place of essential digital and technological investment and to catalyze the increase of cross-border business opportunities in the region.
That being said, here’s what November will have in store for those of us who sign up for MTM 2020.
1. Relevant and engaging group discussions
From November 10-11, speakers and panel discussions will address topics such as “How 2021 will shape the ‘big reset'” and “Why will Malaysia or Singapore start your businesses?”
Some of the high-level speakers we would be pleased to hear include MDEC CEO Surina Shukri herself, Randi Zuckerberg, Zuckerberg Media founder and CEO, Alexander Stubb, former Prime Minister of Finland, etc.
2. A digital festival on all things technology
Then, on November 18 and 20, TechFest Live ft. Road-To-WCIT Malaysia will take place.
Depending on what you are looking for, you can explore various opportunities such as:
- AI has enabled B2B networking among 3,000 global influencers, experts, industry leaders, investors, founders and C-suites,
- Talent search and recruitment in the best universities with successful companies in the region,
- Online exhibitions to explore shared partnerships, new business opportunities and investors,
- Over 200 on-demand sessions with at least 120 global experts with insights from industry leaders, innovative business models, and stories about how technology is used around the world.
3. Show you what’s next after the digital transformation
The MDEC program doesn’t just stop at digital transformation; The next step is to understand how to use data in the business environment and in decision-making processes.
DataKITA.Pulse will be a 25 hour live virtual event that covers what you need and need to know about data transformation.
Several key thought leaders and industry pioneers will be in attendance to discuss first-hand experiences in data, and experts in data products / services will present their technologies and solutions to help companies take that next step.
4. A chance to Get your game
Perhaps one of Malaysia’s most popular game festivals, Level Up KL will take place November 16-29 in a virtual expo.
This event will include:
- A Game Expo app, where you can see game content, products and services at your fingertips, play quests and win lucky prizes,
- A SEA games showcase, where the latest games from SEA studios will be displayed for you to vote,
- The SEA Games Awards 2020, where your votes will be counted,
- ESports tournaments, where you can watch professional players compete against each other in games like PUBG Mobile, Mobile Legends: Bang Bang, Dota 2, Street Fighter V, Tekken 7, and more.
– // –
Of course, there are more mini-events under MTM 2020, but these are some of the highlights.
There are hardly any obstacles preventing you from accessing this month-long event (unless you have horrible Wi-Fi), and the event is free.
Apart from all the planned events, one of the main advantages of this event is that you can also connect with like-minded people in virtual meetings on the platform, since registration is not limited to Malaysians.
In this group you will find other entrepreneurs, mentors and of course investors.
The event couldn’t have come at a better time, with various companies going digital and everything.
It will also be a great way to further test the viability of large-scale virtual events for the foreseeable future.
- You can register for free for MTM 2020 here.
- Learn more about MDEC here and here.
Featured Image Credit: Surina Shukri, CEO of MDEC
Our sincere thanks to