Here Are 7 Telemedicine Startups In S’pore That Offer Prices From S$12
Covid-19 has forced us to stay more at home, triggering the rise of telehealth that brings key medical services right to our doorstep.
Since the late 2010s, the medical industry has embraced rapid consumer technologies with the launch of integrated ICT platforms that provide consumers with affordable, on-demand and remote healthcare options.
In the event that another COVID-19 outbreak occurs in Singapore, it will be more critical than ever to ensure that people continue to have access to key services, from drugs for common illnesses to diagnosis of chronic illnesses such as diabetes.
The Department of Health has recognized the growing need to improve consumer medical access points and has since launched a regulatory sandbox called LEAP to regulate emerging telehealth startups.
Here are seven telehealth startups facing the next generation of healthcare in Singapore:
Founded in 2017, the Doctor World application is developed at LEAP in partnership with Raffles Medical.
Doctor World recently announced a merger with Raffles Connect on a new integrated platform. All Doctor World practitioners are accredited by the Singapore Medical Council (SMC).
- 24/7 teleconsultations with delivery of medicines throughout the island in less than three hours
- For terms and conditions, travel and sexual health advice, chronic medication supplements and reviews of medical test results
- Book home nursing care, specialist appointments, 24/7 home visits and ambulance services
- Electronic queue integrated into the app for visits to general practitioners in partner clinics across the island
- Check symptoms and health records, buy products and health insurance, and stay up to date with the latest health news
Teleconsultations start at S $ 18. Download on Android or iOS here.
Doctor Anywhere (DA) offers a wide range of integrated telehealth services.
First launched in 2017, DA is the brainchild of Wai Mun, a former employee of Temasek Holdings with more than 10 years of investment and start-up experience.
In March, the startup announced a S $ 27 million Series B funding round that aims to boost international expansion, strengthening its presence in Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam.
DA also said it will double its workforce by 200 employees over the next several years. The app is currently under development with LEAP and is hiring physicians registered with SMC.
- 24/7 teleconsultations with a waiting time of less than five minutes and free delivery of medicines in less than three hours
- For common illnesses and chronic conditions
- Make an appointment for a pre-departure Covid-19 PCR swab test, Maid 6ME screening, mental wellness services and home care services (including health screening, vaccinations and physiotherapy )
- Shop on its integrated marketplace and claim reward points
Teleconsultations start at S $ 20. Download here for Android or Apple.
WhiteCoat allows you to hire basic teleconsultation services quickly and easily.
Founded in 2017 by former corporate lawyer Bryan Koh, the app is led by Dr Yii Hee Seng and Professor Goh Lee Gan, who have over 80 years of combined experience in the healthcare field.
Since its inception, WhiteCoat has served over 50,000 patients and manages 1.2 million business lives under AIA. The app has also streamlined its drug delivery service through a partnership with GrabExpress.
In 2020, after the announcement of the first Covid-19 case in Singapore, WhiteCoat traffic is said to have increased by at least 25% every week.
WhiteCoat is under development at LEAP, and the Physical Clinic for General Practitioners is licensed under the Private Hospitals and Medical Clinics Act. All WhiteCoat physicians are registered with SMC.
- Teleconsultations available from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. every day with a waiting time of 10 minutes
- For general conditions, chronic illnesses, exams lab results, and travel and sexual health advice
- Island-wide drug delivery arrives within 90 minutes, Available until 3 a.m. daily
Teleconsultations start at S $ 25. Download here for Android or Apple.
HiDoc is an application providing premium telehealth services for patients with specialized medical needs.
Backed by an 80% stake from Singapore Medical Group (SMG), HiDoc was launched in January 2019 by SMG Managing Director Christina Low and IT Director Carolyn Goh.
HiDoc currently has around 3000 patients and 40 physicians on the platform.
Earlier this year, subsidiary SMG also announced that it will enter into a partnership with luxury condominium OLA to provide residents with medical assistance at their doorstep.
The app is currently in partnership with DBS, Watsons and LEAP. All HiDoc doctors and specialists are registered in Singapore and licensed by the SMC.
- Teleconsultation for specialized services, prescription filling and second opinion on a specific medical condition. For general conditions, patients with chronic or mental illnesses are not recommended to use HiDoc
- Medical concierge who arranges referrals and appointments, assists with medical travel, worldwide medical evacuation, medical claims, medication and reports
- Online store offering products and services, including Watsons products
Teleconsultations start at S $ 120. Download here for Android or Apple.
Speedoc offers on-demand home visits for patients who need GP or A&R visits anywhere, anytime.
Launched in January 2018, Speedoc was created by Dr Shravan Verma to be the ‘Grab for Doctors’, bringing hospital care at home via a ‘medical superapp’.
Since then, Speedoc has been awarded the Best Business Model award at HDB Cool Ideas in 2018 and named first finalist at Unicon 2018. It now has a network of 50 doctors in Singapore and Malaysia, and plans to expand. in Sri Lanka, Indonesia and India.
As of December 2019, the app has reportedly been downloaded over 20,000 times and the Speedoc team performs an average of 20-30 transactions per day.
The startup is currently working in partnership with organizations such as LEAP, UOB, Mastercard, CaregiverAsia, PwC Singapore’s business start-up program, JustCo and GuavaPass.
All Speedoc doctors are fully licensed by the local Medical Council bodies.
- 24/7 home visit with licensed doctors and nurses everywhere. For common, urgent or chronic ailments, health screenings, women’s health, foreign domestic workers 6ME, wound management, vaccinations and care
- Daily teleconsultations available from 8 am to 8 pm. Free delivery of medication within the hour for urgent cases; and within two to three days for non-urgent cases
- For common ailments, chronic disease follow-ups, accelerated referrals to specialists and women’s health
- 24/7 private ambulance within 30 minutes for non-life threatening conditions
Consultations start at S $ 150. Download for Android or Apple here or call +65 8180 8948.
BetterHealth offers a holistic range of telehealth services including 24/7 on-demand teleconsultation.
Created by parent company MHC Healthcare, the brand was co-founded by Dr Raymond Ong. BetterHealth is currently in development under the LEAP program.
- 24/7 teleconsultations with medications delivered to your door or available through independent care. For common illnesses, skin problems, travel advice, medical advice on sexual health and second medical opinions
- Electronic marketplace selling health products
- Ecosystem of apps to track health records, vital signs, past medical diagnoses, medical certificates (e-MCs), tax invoices and physician memos
Teleconsultations start at S $ 12. Download here for Android or Apple.
Rescu is a 24/7 mobile home visit doctor service for terms and conditions. Started by a husband, wife and younger brother, the three-person business was fully seeded, “merging over 16 years of medical experience and the MRCGP’s specialization in family medicine.”
BetterHealth is managed under the LEAP program and led by Dr Bobby Stryker, who received the NGHP Excellence in Action award in 2014.
Only physicians registered with the SMC and the SMC’s family physician register are hired.
- 24/7 home visit with licensed doctors all over the island. For patients of all ages with common ailments, infectious diseases, chronic illnesses, driver’s license exams and home help, injections, contraception and health screening
- Teleconsultations via a secure Whatsapp video call available from 12 p.m. to 2 a.m. every day with chargeable drug delivery. For common and chronic diseases and women’s health
Teleconsultations start from S $ 20 and home visits start from S $ 68. Call +65 87799441
Remember to stay safe
As with any emerging industry, the use of telehealth services should be done with caution.
Remember to check whether the doctors practicing with your desired health care provider are licensed by local authorities.
Additionally, it is also important to note that not all conditions can be addressed via remote video consultations, so check which conditions are eligible on the spot.
Despite the convenience that telehealth services could potentially bring to the table, the industry still faces barriers to adoption, including limited coverage under insurance programs and low adoption rates by. users among a key population segment: the elderly.
However, the telehealth industry could potentially democratize healthcare by providing the average consumer with immediate access to key services.
And in a Covid-19 economy, this need is greater than ever.
Featured Image Credit: Cigna Insurance
Our sincere thanks to