Count Thomas was arrested Friday night in Texas after he was spotted at a bar … just days after a judge issued a warrant for the former NFL star after the DB was charged with breaching a protective order Many times, TMZ Sports has learned.
We’re told the 33-year-old 7x Pro Bowler was arrested around 8:30 p.m. in Orange County, Texas by Orange County PD after the agency received a phone call from a bar patron who spotted Thomas in the establishment.
Officers responded and Thomas was handcuffed and taken to the Orange County Jail…where he is currently.
Bail has yet to be set, according to online records.
And, because Thomas allegedly contacted the woman on multiple occasions, he could be hit with a third-degree felony – a charge that could result in a ten-year prison sentence, if convicted.
The bust comes about two weeks after a judge issued a warrant for the former Seahawks star, after Earl allegedly breached a protective order twice in 12 months by threatening a woman and her children via text message, according to the American statesman from Austin.
Thomas’ attorney previously told the local Austin newspaper that his client was simply communicating with his ex-wife about their children, which he says he is allowed to do under the order.
The original protective order was issued in 2021, when Earl was ordered to only contact his ex using an approved co-parenting app. But, according to the allegation, not only did the NFL star not use the app, but he also sent threatening messages, threatening violence.
The arrest comes at a time when Thomas – the 14th overall pick in the 2010 NFL Draft – is trying to return to the NFL.
Earl, a five-time All-Pro and Super Bowl champion, hasn’t played since the 2019 season when he started 15 games with the Baltimore Ravens.
NFL reporter Dov Kleiman was the first to report the arrest.